Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Nautical Dinner Party



It's the last week of school for my kids and it's starting to feel like summer is right around the corner.
I guess I'm on the post every three month schedule?

Last weekend we had a dinner party for some dear friends we rarely get to see anymore.


I wanted to make the evening feel special, so I pulled out my nautical/beach inspired decor to set the table.


I made Seared Sea Scallops in Saffron Cream Sauce for the appetizer and they were delicious.  
Just click on the link for the recipe.
Thank you Paula from Bell'alimento 


I recently started working at Anthropology and I scored the coral table cloth the first week 
I started my new job.
I had coveted it for a long time before I started working there and it just happened to go on sale the week I started.  
It was meant to mine.
  

I picked up the placemats at Homegoods last year.


I found the square dinner plates at Target years ago.


The glass floats are from Marshalls.
The octopus tray in the background is from Homegoods.


It was a great evening with friends, yummy food, and good wine.
Hope your summer is off to a fun start.

Thanks for checking it out.



You might also enjoy other beach inspired projects;



csi1





5 comments:

  1. So nice to see you again, and with a post :)

    What a beautiful setting. You must have made your friends feel like royalty.

    You better be careful, working at Anthropology could be very very dangerous. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dining room is incredibly gorgeous! And we all have missed you so much!!! Can't wait for your next post. See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is absolutely gorgeous!

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this decor! The table cloth is breathtaking! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such sweet, comforting words about the loss of my Lily. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, from the looks of that recipe, I bet it surely tastes amazingly good and superb! Just look at the sauce, it makes me crave for it! My, I really can’t wait to try it! Thanks a lot for sharing this mouth-watering recipe! It’s perfect for the upcoming Father’s Day. Thanks again! God Bless!

    Please visit My Webblog: PhD by Publication

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...