Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

My Thanksgiving and Christmas trees have been up since right around Halloween.
I know weird, I always put my trees up early because I just love them.
They stayed like this for awhile just with lights in their urns.


The Thanksgiving tree is decorated with elements from nature.


It's in the man cave.



I used owls, birds, feathers, white pumpkins, and mushrooms.




It coordinates nicely with the dark green velvet Ikea drapes.

A couple of years ago I started a tradition in our home of a Gratitude Tree.
 I made gratitude cards and had any and everyone that comes to my house write what they are thankful for on the back of the card.


Then we hang them on the Thanksgiving tree.  


We read all of them during the Thanksgiving meal.


I have so much to be thankful for.


We aren't hosting Thanksgiving this year, my mom is.  



I would love to hear about your Thanksgiving traditions.


I hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday!


Thanks for checking it out.






7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful tree! We picked Katie up at the airport earlier today. So fun having her home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Shannon. (we already had ours)

    I love your idea for the thankful cards. Beautiful trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get your tree?? I like the size, shape and urn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Thanksgiving tree! So cute! What a neat idea! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of a thanksgiving tree - and have such a thing for owls. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours is one of the most beautiful blogs that I have ever seen. Your design so eclectic and fresh. Love it! So glad that you are sharing your ideas with all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...