Thursday, April 5, 2012

Henry's Room Update

Here's where the man cave is at right now. 
If you missed the evolution of this room go here.



I moved as much of the furniture out as possible.


I borrowed my parents extension ladder for the high alcove above the front door.  It's a little precarious painting the space.  It's hard to paint and make sure I don't fall off the ladder. 
Been there, done that, don't need to do it ever again. 
I try to only go up on this ladder when someone is home to call 911 if I happen to fall off. 
No seriously, I'm not kidding. 



Before new paint.
Yes, I know the light is yucky.  It's the one that came with the house and the last to get changed out.


After


I finished most of the window casings yesterday.
Next step crown molding.
I'm calling in reinforcements for that step. 
This room has some difficult angles that I need my Dad and brother to help me with.

On the immediate to do list:

*Finish molding and paint.
*Get a quote from an electrician to add a junction box to the center of the ceiling.
*Replace the white blinds with woven wood shades.
*Narrow down furniture selections and take Henry to try them out for his final choices.

My house is a total disaster and we are having Easter here on Sunday. 
 It's just my family so hopefully they will understand.

Thanks for checking it out.



6 comments:

  1. Love the room you are creating! Can totally relate as poor Mark has always been surrounded by girls!!! Praying your daughter is doing well after surgery. We survived BigSouth, only one more tourney and Regions. Hard to believe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic, Shannon! Painting the ceilings darker really adds to it's coziness (in a man-cave dweller sort of way lol).

    I have high ceilings in my living room too, painted when no one was home, and thank goodness I didn't fall, but poor you, ouch.

    Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great so far, Shannon. Whew, what a paint job! And the crown is going to be, um...challenging? I know it'll be fabulous when you are finished. Are you getting Henry up on that ladder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful space with those high ceilings! Yes, do be careful on that ladder. I make it a policy to not operate the compound miter saw unless someone is within screaming distance!

    I love your inspiration photos and can't wait to see how it turns out. It's so wonderful that you are doing this for your husband. I am redoing our whole house and would like to do something like this for my hubby. Our house is small too, so that will be a challenge. Following along now :)

    Thank you for stopping by my blog leaving a sweet comment!

    Have a lovely Easter weekend!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crown moulding will look great when you're done. I'm enjoying seeing the process of your whole room transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the grey wall color. Very manly without using a dark color.

    Meg
    megshandmadelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...