Saturday, January 15, 2011

Take It Outside

I am very fortunate to live in such a beautiful city.

Today I took my workout outside to Torrey Pines State Park.
I like to change my workout up because I am easily bored and the body responds better when you do cross training. To learn more about Torrey Pines State Park click HERE.
It was a sunny, gorgeous day, perfect for a walk at the beach.
If you go, try to park in the free parking along the 101 Highway. It cost $8 to park inside the park. I like free and the added walking only helps the workout. Here is the view from my car as I was going South on the 101 to park.







I met my friend Beth for the workout.


You can see the Coaster going by.

Just past the white water we spotted a stand up paddle boarder being surrounded by a pod of dolphins. I was only able to snap these two fins, but there where many more swimming around him and even some babies. We play volleyball just a couple of miles North of this spot and frequently see dolphins.


When the tide is low enough we start the walk on the beach. Do you remember the final scene in Planet of The Apes when Charleston Heston is riding down the beach to the Statue of Liberty? The cliffs at Torrey Pines always remind me of that movie. I'm dating myself.


They recently built new stairs up the side of the cliffs. This used to be a little treacherous coming down if it was wet. The stairs and railroad steps are much better.


We were rewarded with this view when we got to the top.


The water visibility was really clear this week.




The rest of the walk is through the coastal sage brush. Still beautiful.

Then back down a paved road. If the tide is high we start the walk by coming up this road. It takes about an hour and 10 minutes, but the time flies when you are with a friend. This is a great place to bring family and friends who live out of town because of the beauty and incredible views.


Have a good workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...